Personal Driver Requirements
To become a Summon personal driver, you must:
- Live in or very close to the desired city and know the streets well (must pass a geography test)
- Have a California Drivers License
- Have a 4-door vehicle that was made in 2004 or newer. See detailed vehicle requirements.
- Have at least 1 year US driving experience
- Be at least 21 years old
- Have a clean driving record and criminal background history.
- Driving record: Drivers may have a maximum of 3 points on their driving records for lesser driving offenses within the last 3 years. Applicants with convictions for major offenses within the past 3 years or driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol (felony or misdemeanor) within the last 7 years shall not be permitted to be a Summon driver.
- Criminal background history: Applicants are rejected if they've been convicted, within the past 7 years, of a felony or misdemeanor involving drugs or alcohol, or other major offenses. Find out more details outlined by the CPUC here.